Pets are easily scared if they are comparatively new in your home. Handy believes that loud noises such as the sound of firecrackers are one of the key reasons why pets go missing. Retrieving your pet is a grueling experience. You can get lucky but in only a few days. However, it doesn’t happen in most cases. There are lots of creative and effective ways you can use to find your pet. Let’s take a look at some of the most effective ways you can recover your missing pets.
- Keep a Picture- If you have a picture, you can create flyers, and posters to set them throughout your town. You can even declare a small reward for anyone who manages to find your pet. However, be wary of scammers who could try to bamboozle you with a substitute. Having a picture ensures the highest probability of you reuniting with your pet. Just make sure you take photos of any unique traits such as a mark or a lesion that might help you differentiate them from other similar looking pets.
- Local Shelters- Local shelters are a prime spot for lost pets. If your locality has one, you should begin your search from there. File a missing pets report to all shelters in a fixed radius and keep your phone nearby.
If staying at home is making you anxious, visit the places your pet dog or cat was last seen. The best possible solution is to visit the nearest shelters close to these spots and enquire about your missing companion. This dramatically narrows down the search and maximizes your chances to bring back your lost pet as soon as possible.
- Run Ads on Social Media- Back in the day, when you lost a pet, your only options were flyers and newspaper ads to spread the word. However, in the 21st century, you have access to the internet. With a single click, you can post a message on a social media platform and inform everyone in the vicinity about your missing buddy.
- Favorite food- Pets usually have a knack for returning to their homes. In case they don’t return, leaving a tasty snack outside is the right incentive to lure them back home. You can even add a trap to the mix to ensure your pet is not able to escape before you are able to approach them on time.
- Announcements- You can take advantage of the local TV or radio and make a public announcement. It might seem a bit excessive to some people when it comes to your furry friend, but this is one of the best and most effective ways to get the word out.
There have been cases where dogs and cats returned to their owners after being lost for months on end. No matter how long it takes, there is always hope that you will be reunited with your best pal someday. Never give up your search and always maintain a healthy attitude when you’re on the prowl. Just make sure to follow these tips provided by Handy to improve your chance of finding your pet sooner.