Protein is the building block of the body and is essentially required for various bodily functions. If you are a bodybuilder, weight-trainer or an active individual, a protein supplement is a must-have in your diet. The human diet alone can’t suffice the protein required by the body to sustain long hours of workout and therefore, it needs to be taken in the form of supplements like whey and casein protein powder.
Let us now have a look at some of the impressive & unknown facts about protein:
- Human hair contains Keratin, an insoluble, fibrous and non-digested protein essential for healthy and strong hair. There are various Keratin treatments nowadays that help smoothens the hair and improve its thickness, quality and shine just in a 3-4 sitting of the treatment.
- If you are consuming protein you will feel more satiated helping in effective weight management. It helps curb appetite and keeps hunger pangs at bay. Whey protein powder helps in better muscle build-up & recovery.
- Protein plays a vital role in improving brain functions & the entire nervous system. A protein called neurexin is essential for nerve cell functioning.
- This one is sure to amaze you! Human semen contains 50% protein by weight. It includes both amino acids and albumin. Without Albumin, the body would swell up.
- Although protein deficiency is rare however it can cause serious health issues. For example, Kwashiorkor in children is one of the most common health conditions related to protein deficiency.
- The protein contained in semen acts on the female brain which in turn prompts ovulation.
- Our body contains about 100,000 different types of protein which help in facilitating the growth, healing of the ruptured tissues of the body.
- The word Protein comes from the Greek word, proteins, meaning something of prime importance.
- What do you think happens during cataract? Well, The denaturation of proteins in eye lenses leads to cataract.
- vegetarian sources of protein: Legumes (pulses), nuts, seeds, and fruits.
- low protein plants: Roots and tubers, such as yams, cassava, and sweet potatoes.
- The albumin in the eggs is one of the highest qualities of protein found in any kind of food.
- This one is sure to take you by surprise – A single male ejaculation may contain around 150mg of protein. Now, just keep on wondering.
- If you are consuming excessive protein powder in your diet it may cause various health problems like dehydration, kidney stones etc.
- If you are into hardcore training and looking for additional protein supplements for muscle building, try out whey protein powder enriched with essential amino acids and pure quality protein for a rich protein diet.
- Proteins provide essential amino acids that help in the effective recovery of muscles and also plays a vital role in gaining healthy body mass. It helps perform an array of functions like DNA replication, muscle build-up etc.
Different types of proteins:
- Whey Protein
- Casein Protein
- Egg Protein
- Brown Rice Protein
- Soy Protein etc.
Let us now have a look at some of the top benefits of consuming protein supplements :
- Better muscle buildup
- May help in weight loss
- Effective and quick recovery of muscles
- Healthy muscle gain
- Enhances protein digestion
Stay fit and healthy with a proper routined life, regular exercising and right supplements in your diet. We are sure this article has taken you by surprise with some of the most interesting facts about protein. If you are undergoing heavy-duty workouts, the protein levels in the body are sure to go down and to compensate for the same, you need to take up the extra protein in the form of supplements or natural sources like poultry, eggs, etc.